Tyler opens the podcast with a monologue discussing a day in his life involving cat puke, dry vomiting, and finally falling into the shit and puke. The intro music finally plays as matt begins by calling tyler out on once again going off his diet with donuts.
Matt and Tyler then kickoff the Health Humor Life podcast by talking about losing more than 70lbs+ of FAT in less than 4 Months. Diving into personal struggles with Weight Loss & How they Maintained it. Label reading, decoded. Common misconceptions are debunked as they discuss their personal stories on how to developed healthy habits, and lose weight fast and efficiently.
Matt drops a personal BOMBSHELL, but is honest about his past mistake and promises to go into it more on a future podcast in order to help others make a different decision.
"How do I lose Weight? How do I lose Weight FAST? How can I keep this weight OFF?" These are the questions we find ourselves asking when searching for advice on our weight loss journey. Matt & Tyler cover in detail their personal success and struggles with weight loss while being completely open and uncensored. Everything is discussed including their influences, motivation, healthy eating, what worked for them and what didn't work AT ALL.
We all have daily habits and routines that shape our future. What kind of routines are healthy and sustainable that will have a positive impact on your life? Matt goes into detail on how important it is to develop a sustainable workout and eating plan that you can be consistent with until it becomes second nature.
What you eat is everything. Food will ALWAYS have a positive or a negative impact on your body and your overall Health. The food that you intake will determine if you lose weight fast, a normal pace, or lose any weight at all. Matt and Tyler dive into the importance of label reading, eating proteins and fibers carbs and more CRUICAL information that will accelerate YOUR weight loss and lead you to a better Life.
Notes on Episode #1
- Matt and Tyler both have gone through major weight loss changes in the past.
- Tyler explains where motivation comes from and how to lose weight fast by going from 260lbs to 190lbs in just 3 months! Using an extreme method of exercise. He explains his extreme routine and what he ate during this period to help him achieve his weight loss goal.
- Make your workouts sustainable - Extreme workouts don't last for long.
- Become a member of a gym - Martial arts, weight gym, do something you love.
- Sugar and syrup in your coffee will effect you negatively on your weight loss journey.
- Lack of effort, getting off the band wagon and diverting your focus to something else will cause you to revert to old habits. Keep a balanced life.
- Developing Better habits and routines for the future - Just do it and build consistency
- Still has a pair of skinny jeans, so when he looses his weight - he can try them on... like a female would.
- Stick to your routine no matter what - Balance your life.
- Relied on good genetics, realized he couldn't eat because he was gaining weight.
- Drank a lot in high school which caused him to "Blow up in high school"
- Did insanity to drop weight fast (link in show notes) - Great way to loose weight fast if you are doing it to your full potential. However it is NOT sustainable.
- Gained weight again later in college - Lost weight by doing cardio.
- Moved to Boston to "bulk up"
- Moved to Providence, becoming bigger - ate lots of sugar, got cocky due to doing steroids.
- What he ate - Waffles every day, taco Tuesday, ate like shit and paid for it
- Busted ass for 3 months before his family trip to Mexico, did Insanity again, cardio at the gym, ate low carb
- Lost 50lbs before mexico
- What you eat is EVERYTHING
- Drinking milk, orange juice, fruit juices = has sugar and calories - Not good for us
- Eat one bad meal - Look to the next meal to make up for the bad meal. Don't give up just because you had one bad meal.
- Eating bad meals will set you behind - eating bad meals all day may set you behind for days.
- Knowledge about foods and what they do to you - People that learn it usually learn it because they have too.
- Take care of yourself when you are young, because when you are older you'll naturally loose motivation.
- You can not out exercise what you eat. You can do insanity everyday - or you can eat good and go for a half an hour or an hour power walk. Will be more effective than beating up your body doing insanity everyday.
- Make your diet consist of protein, fat, and fiber. Will help maintain muscle mass. Always want to stay above 1,000 calories because your body will loose its metabolism fast - which will cause you to loose weight much slower
- The Fat you eat is NOT the fat you are burning. Fat in your body is stored due to insolent spikes. Which is caused by over eating carbs and ingesting sugar.
- It's cool to have a treat once or twice a week - but keep your daily routines in check
- Any foods that are alkalizing - are good for your body.
- After a while the routine becomes natural without a second thought.
- Make Food that you'll look forward to eating
- Save money by eating home cooked meals.